Your Hospice Team is made up of specially trained professionals from a variety of disciplines. The interdisciplinary team ensures that the individual needs of the patient and family are met.
Some of the benefits of hospice care include:
- Focused on patient comfort at home
- Neither hastens nor postpones death
- Eases anxiety by promoting a nurturing environment
- Individualized Plan of Care based on patient and family needs
- Physician, nursing, social worker services, and spiritual counseling 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- Hospice aides to provide assistance with activities of daily living
- Social workers available to assist with placement services and community resources
- Chaplains offer emotional and spiritual support
- Volunteers to provide companionship, assistance, and support
- Bereavement Services providing support to the family for 13 months following loss
- Community based support groups
- Dietitian, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy available as needed
- Psychosocial support for patients and families, as well as for the nursing home staff and caregivers.
- Coordination of medical equipment and medications related to the terminal illness for comfort and symptom management.
- Speech, music, and other therapies as indicated in the plan of care.
Prime Care Hospice has been awarded CHAP accreditation under the Standards of Excellence demonstrating the hospice industry’s highest nationally recognized standards.
- Once the Hospice Team becomes, involved patient and families are never alone. Hospice care is available day and night, every day of the year.
- Our staff is focused on managing pain and disease symptoms to provide comfort and peace of mind
- We provide family with a better understanding of what their loved ones are experiencing
- Your Prime Care Physician can be part of the Hospice Team, if you choose
- All symptom related medications and equipment are provided